Food Trucks

Food Trucks

Food Trucks may operate between the hours of 10:00am-8:00pm. Food Trucks must be moved every day. If you are setting up on public property, no tables or chairs are allowed. If you are setting up on private property, you are allowed 2 tables and 8 chairs. If you are operating for more than 3 hours, you must have access to an indoor restroom for employees.

To apply for a Food Truck permit you must have: Copy of State of Tennessee Sales & Use Tax Certificate, Copy of Catering License (if applicable),Copy of Wilson County Health Department Permit, Inspection by the Lebanon Fire Department, Written Permission (if you are setting up on private property), and vehicle information (make, model, description, and tag number).

If you are cooking inside your food truck, you are required to have an inspection by the City of Lebanon Fire Department. There is a $100 fee for the inspection that can be paid to the Lebanon Fire Department located at 520 Coles Ferry Pike. Once you have paid for your inspection, you will need to contact Captain Edward Felts to schedule an inspection. Once he approves your Food Truck, the Business Tax Office will be notified and will contact you. Please note that this process can take up to 48 hours. Once you have been approved, you will be able to pay for your food truck permit and receive it.

To obtain your State of Tennessee Sales & Use Tax Certificate, follow these steps:
1. Log into TNTAP
2. Click Sales and Use Tax
3. Click Correspondence
4. Click View Letters
     5. Click Certificate Registration

Food Truck Permits are: $25 for 1 day, $50 for 3 days, $100 for 10 days, and $300 for a year. We only accept cash or check.

If you are participating in an event sponsored or sanctioned by the City of Lebanon, you are exempt from getting any licenses or permits from the City of Lebanon. These events include: Rock the Block, Oktoberfest, etc.

For more information regarding Food Trucks, please see the Ordinance 18-5628 or call the Business Tax Office at 615-444-4905.