ResponsibilitiesThe Engineering Department is dedicated to providing professional engineering services and public infrastructure management for the City of Lebanon. This department provides and maintains services in a courteous, timely and cost-effective way. We responsibly serve our citizens, our customers and other City Departments with respect, courtesy and fairness.
- Coordinates and administers transportation projects in conjunction with the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
- Inspects bridges and culvert structures to ensure compliance with federal and state standards
- Reviews private development plans and projects to ensure compliance with City standard specifications/criteria
- Administers the Stormwater Management program
Infrastructure ProjectsThe Engineering Department is also actively involved in all other infrastructure projects for the city, including:
- New facilities construction such as the city’s fire hall projects
- Recreation projects
- Street lighting coordination with Middle Tennessee Electric Membership Corporation
- Traffic signal management and maintenance
- Utility projects