- Public Works
- Street Department
Welcome to the City of Lebanon Street DepartmentThe following is general information regarding our street department’s routine and seasonal work. We currently have 16 street department employees; Consisting of a secretary, supervisor two crew leaders, seven heavy equipment operators, three light equipment operators, and two street workers.
State Maintenance ContractWe have a maintenance contract with the State of Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT). This contract generates approximately $121,000 per year for the routine maintenance of 75 miles of their 95 lane miles of streets inside the city limits of Lebanon. This consists of 30 hours per week sweeping on a routine basis. We also get reimbursed for fixing potholes, removal of dead animals, debris, ice and snow, removal of litter and mowing of the medians. We also bush hog State right of ways back of ditch lines three to four times yearly without reimbursement.
Chipper Service/Storm DebrisThis service is provided for disposal of limbs, brush and leaves as related to the resident's routine and normal maintenance of trees, bushes and shrubs upon resident's property. Resident is defined as a single family home or duplex. See the Chipper policy (PDF).
When wind storms occur the chipper policy is extended to assist citizens with cleanup of larger items. City of Lebanon property and Public Works services information (including schedules) can be obtained by clicking on the link below:
• Review and accept the terms of the agreement.
• To get started, use the tools on the left side of the screen to search for a property by Owner Name, Address, Parcel ID, or Map, Group, Parcel (MGP) number. Example entries are provided. You can also use the map tools to zoom in and identify properties manually.
• Once you have found the property, you will see owner name, property address and other information on the left side of the screen. Scroll down for additional property information. Chipper zone and sanitation pickup day can be obtained by clicking on Services.
The residential chipper service is on a monthly schedule.
• Zone 1 items are picked up the week of the first Monday of the month.
• Zone 2 items are picked up the week of the third Monday of the month.chipper service guidelines can be found here:
Should you have any questions please call the Street Department at 615-444-0825.
We operate a curbside leaf vac service during peak leaf removal times. This operation can utilize 8 employees. Any leaves picked up after this period must be bagged. We recommend biodegradable bags for convenient mulching.
Some of the rules for our cleanup are that we cannot pick up any hazardous waste. This includes:
- Florescent lights in volume of more than fifteen
- Used motor oil
- Used tires