Welcome to the City of Lebanon Sanitation Department.
The following is general information regarding our sanitation department, including some of the most frequently asked questions.
We currently have 15 full-time employees and 1 part-time employee. All of our drivers have a Class B CDL license.
Our schedule is four 10-hour days, Tuesday through Friday. Mondays are set aside for maintenance on trucks and recycling pickup.
Our truck fleet consists of 11- 25-yard side-arm transport trucks and two (2) nine-yard satellite trucks.
We pick up approximately 16,382+ residential carts per week and approximately 550 Small business. We produce 8,000 tons of Garbage per year.
We are experiencing an 18-20% increase in the number of customers we issue carts to (Over 450 new homes per year). We issue one 95 gallon cart to each residence or small business upon request, after a $75 cart fee is paid. In the event a small business has access to a commercial dumpster, they are not eligible for our service. In the event that one cart is not sufficient, the customer can pay the $75 additional cart fee and a second cart will be issued.
Rules & Guidelines
We have Rules and Guidelines for our residential service. All small business customers must abide by our residential policies.
- Only put household garbage in the cart. (Please NO liquids, motor oil, construction debris, car parts, yard waste, wood metal, bricks, dirt, ashes, feces, ammunition, hazardous waste, etc.
- Place your cart curbside (at the edge of the road) by 6:00 a.m. on the day of collection with the wheels facing the home and a 5-foot clearance on all sides of the cart, so the mechanical arm can pick up the cart.
- Do NOT block the can with anything including vehicles, basketball goal, another can, a utility pole, a tree or place too close to the mailbox.
- Only trash in a City of Lebanon designated cart will be picked up.
- Remove the cart so it is not visible from the street by 7:00 p.m. on your collection day.
- In the event you move, please allow the cart to remain at the residence to which it is assigned.
*We also provide a courtesy one-time moving box pickup for our new residents. After all the boxes are broken down, please call the office to schedule this pick-up.
The Sanitation Department works every holiday except July 4th, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, New Year's Day and Christmas Day.
During the week of the holiday, trash collected on Tuesday-Thursday will be moved to the following day. Friday's collection will be picked up on Saturday.
If you have any questions, please call 615-444-0825 ext 5133.
*In the event that we have inclement weather (that only lasts one day), your pickup will be moved to the following day.
If I am physically unable to roll my trash can out to the street and put it back where it belongs, will the City Of Lebanon Sanitation Dept. do it for me?
Yes, the City Of Lebanon Sanitation Department will come on your regular trash pickup day, roll your trash can out to the street, dump it in the trash truck, then return it to its original location beside your residence.
*In order to receive this service, your doctor must send a letter stating you are physically unable to move your cart to the road and back. The letter must also include your name, address, and phone number. Please send the letter to:
Betsy White at 410 Park Dr. Lebanon 37087 Fax #(615-443-2821) or Email: email@example.com