Businesses operated from homes require a City of Lebanon business license and must comply with the requirements for the zoning district in which the property is located. A home occupation is defined as an occupation having traditional acceptance as being one customarily carried on in the home, provided that: such occupation is incidental to the residential use; no article or service is sold or offered for sale on the premises except that produced by such occupation; and such occupation does not require internal or external alterations or construction features, equipment or machinery not customary in residential areas.
A complete packet can be found by clicking on Information and Procedures for all Business Owners in the City of Lebanon.
This packet contains information on:
- Application for Business Tax Registration
- Emergency Contact Information Form for the Communications Division of the Lebanon Police Department
- Procedures for the Applying for a Business License
- Notification for a Change of Use of a Building
- Obtaining the Certificate of Occupancy
- Contacting the Economic Development Office for Assistance.
- TN Department of Health Information