Emergency Services Unit
Lebanon Police Department, Emergency Services Unit (E.S.U) constantly seeks to Improve and Enhance our ability as a City to mitigate and Respond to any and all Emergency incidents. Our Officers are Police Officers cross trained as Meth Response Technicians. The LPD E.S.U members are trained in: Haz Mat response as well as Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (C.B.R.N) Incidents. This unit also has 4 Police K-9’s which works in Explosive Detection, Search and Rescue, Drug, and Patrol. Our Department assist Lebanon Police, Lebanon SWAT, Lebanon Fire, and work with Tennessee Office of Homeland Security. We constantly prepare for and respond to natural and man made disasters in Lebanon and other agencies needing assistance. Lebanon ESU responds to traffic accidents, traffic issues, motorist assist, and work all special events.
Department goals and objectives:
- Preservation of Life
- Provide Positive Customer Service Assistance to the Community
- Provide Multi Agency Logistical and Analytical Support
- Prevention, Response and Mitigation using an “All Hazards” Mindset
The purpose and intent of our involvement and our primary Mission Statement has been and continues to be as follows:
“The constant effort to Improve and Enhance our ability as a City to Mitigate and Respond to any and all Emergency incidents, and to supplement equipment and supply needs without expending City of Lebanon tax dollars whenever possible”
- In recent incidents across the country studies have shown that mitigation efforts have been impaired by both the size of the disaster as well as the lack of preparedness by the organizations involved.
- The intent of The Emergency Services Department is to minimize the logistical and support requirements from outside agencies in the initial first stages of possible incidents, and to whenever possible be prepared and ready to assist other agency’s in their time of need.